Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup cold butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup toffee bits
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ½ cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place cookie mix in bowl; cut in butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 ½ cups mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, ¼ cup of the caramel topping, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping, pecans and toffee bits.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Drizzle with remaining ¼ cup caramel topping. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Recipe Courtesy bettycrocker.com